Excitement was 'in the air' at E.I.S. in the popular after-school STEM Club
We made drones
Things you need:
- 3 DC motors
- Thick cardboard/ carton
- Copper wires
- Battery caps
- 3 to 7 - 9 V batteries
- Paper tape
- A switch
- 3 plastic fan blades
What to do:
- We made the base using carton
- We cut out a piece from the carton and made a triangular prism for the stand.
- We glued the base on the platform
- Then we used super glue to stick the electric motors to the batteries.
- Next we made a circuit by using the copper wires to connect the three motors to the batteries.
- We assembled the batteries with the switch together and covered them with the caps. We linked the copper wires from the caps by twisting red and black together.
- Finally we stuck the propellers on each of the motors with glue and our drones were ready to take off!